18 March 1892
A London Welshman named Mr. R. P. Evans has contributed 100 guineas towards the erection of a manse in connection with the Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Trefeglwys.
29 June 1899 (First Edition)
The first Sunday School in Wales is said to have been established by one Jenkin Morgan in 1769 at Crowlwm, a farmhouse in the Clywedog Valley, about four miles from Llanidloes. Not only was it the first in Wales, but it was twelve or thirteen years anterior in date to that established by Mr. Raikes at Gloucester. Jenkin Morgan was one of Master Bevan’s circulating day schools, which for a time was kept at Tynyfron, near Crowlwm for the benefit of adults. The success which attended this encouraged Morgan to start a school also on Sunday afternoon or evening, to which multitudes flocked from distances of five miles and more and in all sorts of weather. Besides the Bible, Vicar Pritchard‘s “Canwyll y Cymry” was used as a text book. The school was held in the kitchen, which is not flagged or boarded, but pitched, that is, paved with small pebbles arranged geometrically. Many of the older farmhouses in Llanidloes and Trefeglwys are paved in this way. A kind of movable pulpit or reading desk used to be placed near the kitchen window, over which there was a trap-door in the floor of the bedroom above, which was opened during school or service, so that persons in both rooms could hear the speaker at the same time.